Monday, November 16, 2009

Bonding with 'Me' at Nero Cafe, Powerbooks

So, I'm here at Nero Cafe..and alone by the way. I'm just taking a quick coffee break. My feet are hurting because of the endless walking and my shoulders are already complaining from the heavy load I'm carrying. I got two bags at hand and boy they're not easy to carry from Makati to Ortigas. Anyway, I'm not making this blog entry to talk about my misadventures.

I realized since I sat in here that it doesn't hurt to be with yourself once in a while. I like people so I'm always around people. I'm always in a crowd but now being able to clear my mind makes me more relaxed and at peace. You can feel that kind of serenity in you. It's soul cleansing.

I feel that with myself "I'm being me".I don't have to pretend. I don't have to impress anyone. I don't have to think of a topic to break the ice. It's just plain me, myself and I.

I remember, I keep yadadoobing how I don't have a boyfriend and how am I not attached and how younger and older couples have 'it' and I don't. Well, I still do complain,haha! But! As I'm sipping my Cappuccino, sometimes it's not bad to enjoy the advantages of the life of a 'single woman'. I can feel this certain power over myself that no one can put down. I feel free to do what I want and I feel alive. I feel beautiful!

I can't help to think that later, I'll be going back to the bustling noise of cars, buses and trains. I'll be bumping again with the sea of people running back and forth and I'll be putting on my mask again. I'm wondering when can I bond with 'me' again.

All I want to say is that check up on yourself once in a while. Take a rest from all the stressful events and in some cases, people that is stressing you. It doesn't hurt to lay back your head and put on some soothing music in your ears. Don't forget to comfort your inner self. Be sure it's not overworked.

The power key:

LOVE YOURSELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment